GLOBIS Establishes New Work Style Way in Response to Companywide Questionnaire
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo -- GLOBIS is excited to announce the implementation of a new companywide policy as we move into a new age of work post-COVID-19. Leveraging the best tools and state-of-the-art technology to achieve workplace satisfaction and safety, the Work Style Way went into effect on June 19.
The initiative is a result of both executive-level discussions and staff surveys that examined employees' experience working remotely. GLOBIS implemented a 100% remote work policy on April 7 in response to Japan's state of emergency in COVID-19 high-risk areas. A Remote Work Survey revealed that working from home, though preferred by a wide margin, did bring about certain difficulties. These included fewer opportunities for spontaneous interactions with colleagues, inability to gauge facial expressions during meetings, and an added burden when onboarding new employees.
As a leader of the 21st century, GLOBIS is committed to finding new ways of working that maximize employee experiences and value. Therefore, we are committed to the following:
- Embracing online and remote work solutions.
- Building a good community, corporate culture, and relationships between colleagues.
- Testing and adopting cutting-edge technologies.
With the new Work Style Way, GLOBIS has implemented a balanced approach that incorporates both remote and on-site work. The new policy has been announced companywide as below.
The Work Style Way
【Three Valued of Places at GLOBIS】
(1) Places where good communities are shaped, where good colleagues gather to inspire and lead each other to self-fulfillment.
(2) Places where a creative, fun, and disciplined organizational culture is grown to reflect the GLOBIS Way.
(3) Places where good relationships are born, where colleagues trust and cooperate with each other to achieve a shared vision.
【Five Principles of the Work Style Way】
(1) Work: Come to the office at least 2 days/week.
(Note: This is recommended, but each department/team may set their own standards)
(2) Meetings: Face-to-face or online.
(3) Office Layout: Free address by default; recommended spaces for departments/teams.
(4) Teambuilding: Meet face-to-face at least once a month (Note: Each department/team may decide where and for what).
(5) Onboarding: HR and each department/team are fully committed to supporting, training, and following up with new staff, including introductions to GLOBIS culture/policies, colleagues, and work.
Moving forward, GLOBIS will continue to strive for the satisfaction of all stakeholders in its pursuit of creating an ideal corporate system.
About GLOBIS University
Founded in a small rented classroom in 1992 by renowned entrepreneur Yoshito Hori, GLOBIS University has grown to become the largest business school in Japan. With the principles of fostering skill development, a professional network, and a personal mission, the institution is committed to developing visionary leaders who create and innovate societies. GLOBIS University boasts a vast international faculty and five main campuses in Japan, with aims to become Asia's No. 1 MBA. The Part-time MBA in English was launched in 2009, the Full-time MBA in 2012, and the Online MBA in 2017. GLOBIS University continues to expand its curriculum with course offerings in digital technology and entrepreneurship, promoting business mastery for an age of global innovation.
- GLOBIS University
- English (Part-time & Online MBA, and Full-time MBA)
- Japanese (Part-time MBA and Online MBA)
- GLOBIS Corporation
- GLOBIS Executive School
- GLOBIS Management School
- Corporate Training
- GLOBIS Insights
- GLOBIS Unlimited
- GLOBIS Capital Partners
- GLOBIS China
- GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- GLOBIS Thailand Co. Ltd.
- G1 Institute
- KIBOW Foundation
GLOBIS Corporate Communications
MORE NEWS RELEASES