GLOBIS, which consists of GLOBIS Corporation, GLOBIS Capital Partners & Co., the Educational Corporation of GLOBIS University and GLOBIS China Co., Ltd. and GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., recognizes the importance of complying with laws and regulations governing the protection of personal information and safeguarding privacy to ensure the safe and secure use of our services. Therefore, we have established a system for promoting compliance across the Group and developed internal regulations in our commitment to handle personal information with the utmost care.
Chairman and CEO of GLOBIS
Use of Personal Information
GLOBIS operates four businesses: a business school; organizational and HR development; a management institute; and venture capital. GLOBIS makes use of personal information within the following parameters in the course of providing services and conducting business operations.
Providing services and performing associated tasks in our business, such as confirming applications and handling the payment of fees:
- To confirm applications to our services such as the business school
- To confirm applicants satisfy qualifications for services that require such qualifications
- To provide the services for which customers have applied
- To deliver books, instructional materials and other products to customers
- To send invoices to customers for purchased services and products
- To send brochures and other documents requested by customers
- To confirm registrations for events and seminars to ascertain the status of attendance
- To confirm subscriptions to our email magazine service and to deliver email magazines
Improving services and developing new business services:
- To determine the level of quality and customer satisfaction for services including the business school and training programs through questionnaires and interviews
- To research the needs and requirements for new services related to customer characteristics through questionnaires and interviews
- To statistically analyze service records and questionnaires to collect aggregated, non-personal information for the purpose of assessing marketing strategies
Providing information and related services that may be useful to customers:
- To provide information on related services, events and seminars targeting previous users of our services (e.g., providing email magazines and pamphlets)
- To provide information on services, events and seminars that may be useful to customers and business partners who have provided their business cards when participating in our events, seminars or business meetings. (e.g., providing email magazines and pamphlets)
- To share aggregated, non-personal data on demographics and characteristics of previous service users to explain our services to third parties
GLOBIS Corporation may share personal information it has acquired with the Educational Corporation of GLOBIS University and GLOBIS China Co., Ltd. and GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Personal information that may be shared
Names, contact information (addresses, email addresses, telephone and fax numbers), records of inquiries, interviews, applications, entrance exams, admissions and graduation, course transcripts, leaves of absence, suspensions and expulsions.
The extent of entities with whom information may be shared
GLOBIS Corporation, the Educational Corporation of GLOBIS University and GLOBIS China Co., Ltd. and GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
Purpose of shared use
Offering information on / providing / improving and enhancing services for the business school, corporate training, graduate school of management and other related services
Administrator for shared use
Provision of Information to Third Parties
GLOBIS never provides personal information to any third party apart from business partners and the aforementioned shared users, except under the following situations:
- When the customer has explicitly granted their consent in advance to disclose this information
- When we need to confirm the authenticity and validity of accounts with financial institutions, etc., for settling payment for services
- When we are required to do so under the law
GLOBIS takes every reasonable action to protect personal information from unauthorized access, loss, destruction, change and leakage.
GLOBIS may provide personal information to business partners that have agreed to properly handle said information strictly for the purposes mentioned above.
The GLOBIS exercises necessary and appropriate supervision over its employees and business partners. Furthermore, we regularly conduct reviews and continually improve our compliance promotion system, preventive measures and the supervision of employees, and business partners to which GLOBIS may outsource operations.
Disclosure, Correction, and Discontinuation of Use, etc.
GLOBIS makes every effort to maintain the accuracy and currency of personal information we have obtained, and we promptly respond to customer requests to disclose, correct or terminate the use of information once the identity of the customer has been verified.
Some of the services provided by GLOBIS permit users to access and update their personal information on a website specifically set up for this purpose.
For more information please contact the person in charge of each service or submit your inquiryhere.
Kyoko Hayashi, GLOBIS Compliance Committee Administrator
Ken’ichi Suzuki, Compliance Committee Administrator
The Educational Corporation of GLOBIS University
Sumitomo Fudosan Kojimachi Building, 5-1 Nibancho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 102-0084 Japan
GLOBIS websites contain links to other sites. Clicking on one of these links will transfer the visitor to the websites of our partners, advertisers and others.
Be aware that the privacy policies of these other parties may differ from ours, and GLOBIS bears no responsibility for them. Please read the privacy policies of each website which is linked to ours.
- To confirm membership for exclusive services that require log-in
- To analyze website access, including the numbers of visitors
- To display customized website content
GLOBIS websites use SSL encrypted communication to ensure secure data transmission for pages in which personal information has been provided for inquiries, applications or member log-in pages. SSL is a transmission protocol for data transmission between a Web server and client browsers.
In regard to member log-in pages, users are strongly urged to carefully manage their IDs and passwords. Careless misuse or disclosure of IDs and/or passwords can lead to the leaking of your information.
Please exercise appropriate judgment whenever disclosing your personal information or any other important information when using services that are open to many users, such as message boards and mailing lists offered by GLOBIS.
Updated Sep 26, 2014