Oct 31, 2016
GLOBIS University to establish Online On-campus Hybrid MBA Program
Japan's first such program to launch in October 2017
In a first for Japan, GLOBIS University (Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo. President Yoshito Hori) will launch an Online On-campus Hybrid MBA, an English MBA program that combines the on-campus and online courses of its current Part-time English MBA program (courses during weekday evenings and weekends).
Student will be able to freely combine online and on-campus courses. If they focus on online courses, they can study GLOBIS courses and get an MBA from anywhere in Japan or the world.
This is the first time an MBA school in Japan has offered a completely integrated online and on-campus English MBA program.
Online On-campus Hybrid MBA Details: http://www.globis.ac.jp/programs/parttime/
October 2016 Applications accepted for the 2017 Academic Year
October 2017 Entrance Ceremony for first class (shifted from April)
September 2019 All of the curriculum necessary to graduate available as online courses
Benefits for students:
(1) With online courses, be able to earn an MBA even if while living far from the Tokyo campus, including overseas.
(2) Continue MBA study even with many business trips or job transfers
(3) Connect online with a variety of classmates from around the world, study together at the Tokyo campus, and experience the most cutting-edge way of learning in the "Technovate" (technology + innovation) era
(4) Study "Technovate" courses in English developed by the GLOBIS University
(5) Tuition remains ¥2.984 million (excl. tax, entrance and material fees, etc.), the same amount as the current Part-time MBA (English) program.
Outline of MBA programs offered by GLOBIS University:
About GLOBIS University (http://www.globis.ac.jp)
GLOBIS University, previously GLOBIS' original MBA program (GDBA) beginning in 2003, was established in 2006 as a corporation and converted to educational corporation in 2008. It celebrated its 10th anniversary in April 2016. Built upon its educational principles of fostering skill development, a human network, and personal resolve, it is committed to developing visionary leaders who create and innovate societies. There are campuses in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Sendai, and Fukuoka. The Part-time MBA (English) program was launched in 2009, and a Full-time MBA (English) program in September 2012, with students attending from around 15 countries each year. Total annual MBA enrollment--initially 78 students in 2006--reached 773 April 2016, the largest business school in Japan. GLOBIS University aims to become the No. 1 business school in Asia.
About GLOBIS (http://www.globis.co.jp/en)
Since its foundation in 1992, GLOBIS has articulated a vision to create and innovate societies by fostering management ecosystems of People, Capital and Knowledge. In the area of "People," GLOBIS develops human resources and organizations through the Graduate School of Management, GLOBIS University, GLOBIS Executive and Management Schools, and corporate training. In the area of "Capital," we invest in and nurture start-up firms through our venture capital company, GLOBIS Capital Partners. In the area of "Knowledge," we provide management expertise through our publications and GLOBIS Insights, an information website and mobile application. We provide MBA programs and corporate training in English and Japanese both online and at our campuses in Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Sendai and Fukuoka) and outside Japan (Shanghai, Singapore and Thailand). GLOBIS operates two non-profit organizations to promote creativity and innovation in society: the G1 Institute, which organizes conferences, and the KIBOW Foundation, which is engaged in earthquake reconstruction assistance.
- GLOBIS University
- English (Tokyo, Online On-campus Hybrid MBA and Full-time MBA)
- Japanese (Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Sendai, Fukuoka, and Online MBA)
- GLOBIS Corporation
- GLOBIS Executive School
- GLOBIS Management School
- Corporate Training
- Publications/Electronic Publishing
- GLOBIS Insights (Knowledge Library)
- GLOBIS Capital Partners
- GLOBIS China
- GLOBIS Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- GLOBIS Thailand Co. Ltd.
- G1 Institute
- KIBOW Foundation
GLOBIS Brand Communications